You are hereHome ›
"The Town of Iroquois Falls is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and strive to meet accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We are committed to including people with disabilities in the development of our accessibility plan and will make a status report publicly available each year to highlight our accessibility achievements."
Ontario has laws that set standards for accessibility, under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. The first of these, which became law in 2008, are the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/07).
Learn more about what customers can expect from us:
The second standard, called The Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (Ontario Regulation 191/11) became law in 2011. This regulation includes accessibility standards for Information and Communications, Employment, Transportation and the Design of Outdoor Public Spaces. These important standards are designed to create a barrier-free and accessible Ontario by 2025.
Learn more about how the Town of Iroquois Falls is working to comply with the requirements under each of the standards and to model leadership in removing barriers to our programs and services:
- Accessibility Plan and Integrated Standards
- By-Law 3114-11, as amended by By-Law 3291-14: To provide for licensing, regulating and governing owners and drivers of taxicabs and other vehicles used for the conveyance of passengers for hire within the boundaries of the municipality
Accessible Formats and Communication Supports
As per the Accessibility Plan and Integrated Standards and upon request, the Town will provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities,
- in a timely manner that takes into account the person's accessibility needs due to disability; and
- at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
The person making the request will be consulted with to determine the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
In some cases, it may not be possible for the Town to make information accessible and thus could not be provided. For example:
- it may not be possible to technically convert a document to an accessible format,
- the information comes from another organization,
- the municipality does not control the information, or
- the information is found on products or product labels.
Contact the Administration Department at (705) 232-6357 to request accessible formats and/or communication supports.
- Mayor & Council
- Bylaw Enforcement & Planning
- Cemetery Services
- Public Works
- Waste Management Services
- Recreation and Leisure Services
- Discover Iroquois Falls
- Contact Us
2014 Council Meeting Schedule
2014 Budget - Council Meeting Schedule
2015 COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE
2016 COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE
2017 COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE
Left Column Footer